Machine Room Less Elevators (MRL Elevators)
Machine room-less elevators are designed so that most of the components fit within the shaft containing the elevator car; and a small cabinet houses the elevator controller. Other than the machinery being in the hoistway, the equipment is similar to a normal traction or hole-less hydraulic elevator. The world's first machine room-less elevator.
The benefits are:
- creates more usable space
- use less energy (70–80% less than standard hydraulic elevators)
- uses no oil (assuming it is a traction elevator)
- all components are above ground similar to roped hydraulic type elevators (this takes away the environmental concern that was created by the hydraulic cylinder on direct hydraulic type elevators being stored underground)
- slightly lower cost than other elevators; significantly so for the hydraulic MRL elevator
- can operate at faster speeds than hydraulics but not normal traction units.
Copyright © 2018. Airstair Elevators OPC Pvt Ltd.